The following are terms that anyone who purchases a trip (you, traveler) with Been There Seen That (BTST) agrees to abide by and be legally bound.
- All trip payments are nonrefundable, including the deposit. If you are unable to attend a trip for any reason, you may find a replacement for your spot and that replacement may assume your payments and spot with consent of BTST. After a certain point (the date by which will be designated for each trip), trips are no longer transferrable.
- You, the traveler, are responsible for purchasing your plane ticket to and from the departure location for the trip.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your passport is valid with the necessary grace periods (usually six months but can vary) of validity for the trip. You are also responsible for procuring any visas as necessary for the trip.
- After your booking is made, you will be sent a questionnaire and you will be required to submit a copy of your passport along with other information.
- if you select a double room, you are responsible for choosing a roommate from attendees on the trip. BTST makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of anyone attending the trip or their suitability to be your roommate. BTST is not responsible for the actions of any roommates. If you are unable to choose a roommate to your liking, then you are responsible for the full price of the room.
- Payments will be billed monthly due on the 15th of each month. You will be sent the invoice at least 3 days prior to the 15th. If you are late, a late fee can and will be assessed after the 5th day.
- If you miss 2 payments, then your trip will be cancelled and you forfeit any payments that have been made.
- Many of our trips will include alcoholic beverages or activities. It is your responsibility to drink responsibly and ensure your safety. BTST is not responsible for your conduct or actions while under the influence of any substance.
- You are responsible for procuring travel insurance for all trips and providing proof of such insurance upon request.
- You understand that any incidentals or additional costs for items, hotel charges, meals, etc., that are not expressly listed as an inclusion for the trip are solely your responsibility. You acknowledge that, upon check in, the accommodations may (and will likely) require you to put down a credit card and/or deposit made, that this obligation is your sole responsibility.
- You, the Traveler, agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Company, its officers, directors, members, employees, contractors, assignees, transferees, agents, and any other third parties acting on Company’s behalf against any and all expenses, losses, damages, accidents, injuries, claims, or deaths resulting in whole or in part, either directly or indirectly, from any aspect of travel and/or activities facilitated by Company. Traveler further agrees that in no event and under no circumstances shall Company, nor its officers, directors, members, employees, contractors, assignees, transferees, agents, and other third parties acting on Company’s behalf bear any total or aggregate liability (either jointly or severally) under Agreement that exceeds the amount of total fees paid by Traveler to Company for the particular trip in question.
- Traveler agrees to abide by all applicable domestic and international laws and regulations in the countries of travel and residency, regardless of length of time in said countries. If questioning, apprehension/arrest, detainment, punishment, or incarceration by lawful authorities occurs, Company shall not be responsible or liable, either legally, financially or otherwise, for Traveler’s actions or release.
- You grant BTST the right to take photographs, record videos, and/or use social media posts of Traveler in conjunction with travel and/or activities hosted by Company, before, during, and after such travel and activities. Traveler authorizes Company, its employees, contractors, assignees, transferees, agents, and any other third parties working on Company’s behalf, to copyright, use, and publish the photographs, videos, and social media posts in print and/or electronically. Company may use videos, photographs, or social media posts of Traveler with or without Traveler’s name and for any lawful purposes, including for example, such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, promotion, fund-raising, and social media / internet content. Company is released from any reasonable expectation of privacy or confidentiality associated with such content. Traveler acknowledges he/she does not expect and will not receive financial compensation of any kind associated with the taking, publication, or other use of such photographs, videos, and social media posts. Traveler further releases Company, its employees, contractors, assignees, transferees, and any third parties acting on Company’s behalf from any liability or claims by Traveler or any representative of Traveler, including those relating to the right of publicity or usage of Traveler’s name, likeness, image, voice, or any other identifying trait.
By purchasing or making a deposit, you expressly agree to these terms as set forth and as periodically updated.
Updated as of December 2019.